1. Data Sharing SIM(s) are only available to Voice & Data postpaid Contract customers. Data Sharing SIM(s) are not available on Top Up, uChoose or Prepaid price plans.
2. The primary SIM is the SIM associated with the initial voice or data price plan.
3. A Data Sharing SIM is an additional SIM that is provisioned with the same active services on the primary SIM, such as Data roaming.
4. A Data Sharing SIM is not enabled for mobile telephony. VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) calls can be made on a compatible device using Data. A Twin Call SIM card is not included in the Data Sharing SIM allowance since it is a separate product.
5. A Data Sharing SIM cannot be allocated airtime or a Data bundle. Data Sharing SIMs consume data from the data bundle associated with the primary SIM. In the instance of the primary SIM not having a data bundle activated, data will be billed in accordance with the primary SIM’s prevailing price plan.
6. A customer can have a maximum of 4 active SIMs per voice price plan contract, and a maximum of 4 active SIMs per data price plan contract. A maximum of 4 of these SIMs can be Data Sharing SIMs on any postpaid voice or data price plan.
7. If a Blackberry Data Sharing SIM is active on the primary SIM, a maximum of 3 Data Sharing SIMs can be activated. A Blackberry ® Data Sharing SIM counts towards the total count of Data Sharing SIM/s.
7.1 In the instance of a Multita SIM being used in a BlackBerry ® OS 7 or older device (such as the Curve, Bold and Torch), the customer must have the BlackBerry ® BIS or BES service active in order to make use of BlackBerry® services such as BBM, Social Media and E-mail capabilities. BlackBerry ® OS 7 and older devices must have Data Sharing SIM activated as the BlackBerry option
7.2 In the Instance of a Data Sharing SIM being usezd in a BlackBerry ® OS 10 device (such as the Z10, Z30, Q10 and Q5), the Data Sharing SIM must be activated as a standard Data Sharing SIM as these devices will use Data using the ‘internet’ APN and CANNOT use the Blackberry ® BIS or BES services; as such they will consume data from the primary SIM’s data bundle, if one is available, or charged at the prevailing contract’s rate.
8. A subscription to a Data Sharing SIM in no way affects the current price plan’s terms & conditions in respect of carry-over, migrations, out-of-bundle usage and consumption rules. In the case of a migration to a price plan that does not offer Data Sharing SIMs, the linked Data Sharing SIM(s) will be de-activated.
9. The customer must have a compatible data device to be able to use a Data Sharing SIM.
10. The owner of the primary contract price plan on which Data Sharing SIM/s is active, is liable for any Data usage costs that arises as a result of the following:
- Normal data usage
- Virus or spyware
- Data used after theft of modem and/ or SIM
- Charges from data international roaming
- Unexplained over utilization of Data
11. The customer is responsible for all relevant subscription charges for the duration that each Data Sharing SIM is associated with the primary SIM.
12. A once-off charge for the Data Sharing SIM and connection fee is payable upon activation and determined by the Service Provider. RED price plans do not pay a monthly fee for the first two Data Sharing SIMs associated with the primary SIM.
12.1 RED price plans do not pay a monthly, SIM or activation fee for the first two Data Sharing SIMs associated with the primary SIM. All other SIMs activated, up to 4, are charged at the standard Voice Price Plan rate Per SIM card.
13.1 If migration takes place to a price plan that does not currently support the Data Sharing SIM product, such as Top Up or Prepaid, then all active Data Sharing SIM(s) will be deactivated.
13.2 If a migration takes place to a price plan that supports Data Sharing SIM and there are active Data Sharing SIMs associated with the price plan, the active Data Sharing SIM(s) will be migrated and linked to the new price plan and the prevailing terms and conditions of the new price plan will apply.
14. Only the customer with the contract price plan under which the primary SIM is activated may cancel a Data Sharing SIM subscription.
15. If the primary SIM is deactivated, all linked Data Sharing SIMs will be automatically de-activated.
Product & service changes and information
16. Only the customer with the contract price plan under which the primary SIM is allocated may request information ,add or cancel any associated value added services such as roaming provisioned against the Data Sharing SIM(s).